Benefits of Avocado Oil
The main chemical constituents of Avocado Carrier Oil are: Palmitic Acid, Palmitoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Oleic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Alpha-linolenic Acid, Arachidic Acid, and Gadoleic Acid.
PALMITIC ACID is known to:
- Has emollient properties
- Soften hair without leaving a greasy or sticky residue
- Be the most common saturated fatty acid
PALMITOLEIC ACID is known to:
- Delay the appearance of premature aging
- Moisturize and tighten the skin
- Promote the growth of shiny hair
- Enhance the brightness of the complexion
- Boost the growth of healthy-looking nails
- Enhance skin elasticity to prevent symptoms of premature aging, such as wrinkles
STEARIC ACID is known to:
- Have cleansing properties that purge dirt, sweat, and excess sebum from hair and skin
- Be an ideal emulsifying agent that binds water and oil
- Help products remain potent when stored for long periods of time
- Condition and protect hair from damage without diminishing luster or making it feel heavy
- Have exceptional cleansing properties
- Soften skin
OLEIC ACIDS (OMEGA 9) are known to:
- Maintain the softness, suppleness, and radiance of skin and hair
- Stimulate the growth of thicker, longer, and stronger hair
- Reduce the appearance of aging, such as premature wrinkles and fine lines
- Eliminate dandruff and thereby support hair growth
- Boost immunity
- Exhibit antioxidant properties
- Prevent joint inflammation, stiffness, and pain
LINOLEIC ACIDS (OMEGA 6) are known to:
- Moisturize hair and promote its growth
- Facilitate wound healing
- Be an effective emulsifier in the formulation of soaps and quick-drying oils
- Exhibit anti-inflammatory properties
- Soothe acne and reduce chances of future outbreaks
- Promote moisture retention in skin and hair
- Make oils feel thinner in consistency when used in an oil blend, thus being beneficial for use on acne-prone skin
ALPHA-LINOLENIC ACID (OMEGA-3) is known to:
- Lessen inflammation
- Control blood clotting on the skin
- Soothe joint pain and ease stiffness to improve flexibility
ARACHIDIC ACID is known to:
- Enhance and promote muscle gain/mass by boosting the body’s inflammatory responses
- Boost immunity
- Ease symptoms of depression
- Soothe pain and discomfort associated with arthritis
- Reduce weight
GADOLEIC ACID (EICOSENOIC ACID) is known to:
- Have emollient properties
- Be non-comedogenic (does not block the skin’s pores)
- Be readily absorbed by the skin
- Balance the oil in the skin, making it less oily
Used topically, vitamin-rich Avocado Carrier Oil works as a regenerating, rehydrating treatment for skin that soothes and enhances texture. It smooths the look of wrinkles, tightens skin, and diminishes the appearance of scars, age spots, and other unwanted blemishes. It can be used on dry, rough, aging, sensitive, or irritated skin such as skin afflicted with psoriasis. When used in massages, it is known to naturally treat insomnia and inflammation, to reduce muscular stiffness, joint pain, and tension, and to boost circulation.
Used in hair, Avocado Carrier Oil straightens and softens strands while nourishing, hydrating, and strengthening them. By stimulating circulation to the hair follicles, it promotes new, healthier growth and prevents hair loss. Avocado Oil protects hair against damage caused by environmental stressors and helps purge clogged hair follicles.
Used medicinally, Avocado Carrier Oil exhibits anti-bacterial qualities. It balances metabolism and treats inflammation associated with arthritis. Its regenerative and healing properties are ideal for use on skin afflicted with rashes, eczema, dryness, and signs of aging, as it repairs the skin while enhancing its elasticity through moisture. The Vitamin E content of Avocado Carrier Oil is helpful for reducing the harmful effects of UV radiation and any redness or other damage it can cause.
In Ayurvedic medicine, Avocado was used to reduce bad cholesterol, relieve chronic constipation, address alopecia, boost libido, regulate insulin levels, enhance strength and stamina, soothe joint pain, ease insomnia, tone skin, and to eliminate skin damage caused by free radicals. Today, Avocado Carrier Oil is known to continue exhibiting the same healing benefits for skin, hair, and overall health.
Avocado Carrier Oil is reputed to have many therapeutic properties. The following highlights its many benefits and the kinds of activity it is believed to show:
- COSMETIC: Anti-Aging, Antioxidant, Emollient, Detoxifying, Regenerative, Astringent.
- MEDICINAL: Anti-Inflammatory, Analgesic, Detoxifying, Anti-Arthritic, Diuretic, Regenerative, Astringent, Carminative, Anti-parasitic, Laxative.